Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service


One instance where I received great customer service was back in September of the year previous to this one. My husband and I both woke up that morning just knowing that we needed a new mattress. After much searching, my husband decided what he wanted the most was a Sleep Number mattress like the one that his parents owned. I was very much against the idea, believing that the price was outrageous for what we would be getting. I promised to at least give it a try, so the day after, we drove over to the store. When we entered we were told to hold on, and that somebody would be right with us. … The day after all of this, we went back. This time my husband had made sure that the person that had helped his parents was working. Mark was his name. He told us how he did not have to be working at the store; he had more than enough money to live comfortably. He told us of his back problems and how the mattresses had so greatly improved his life that he had made the decision to dedicate his time to helping others find the same happiness. He took me over to the mattress that analyzes what your body needs and ultimately, what your number is. He discussed the different stories from previous customers and their different experiences with each type of mattress…When we came in, I was complaining of neck problems. He instantly helped me search through pillows until I found one that was comfortable. He even customized it a little. Then, Mark called the company and informed them that we needed to extend the 30-day trial and that I was also exchanging my pillow.
"“A brand, product, or service is more than just a physical thing. Humans that connect with the brand add meaning and value to it,” says one marketing executive. “Successfully managing the customer experience is the ultimate goal,”"
Kotler. Marketing. Page 210.

No comments:

Post a Comment