Thursday, February 21, 2013

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics


I am a Millennial (also called a Gen Y-er). I am one of the children of baby boomers. I am very savvy with technology. Much like 91 percent of the other Millennials (74), I was raised knowing how to surf the internet, fix the famous blue screens that used to appear on computers, using social networking and instant messaging, and knowing how to burn music onto a compact disk. My generation saw the change from floppy disks to the compact disks I previously mentioned. Now there are even DVDs for data. I can handle Windows and Macintosh, as well as the four different smartphone systems (Android, Blackberry, Windows, and iPhone) without much difficulty. Millenials are born between 1977 and the 2000s.  The millennials get the honor of teaching these skills to the baby boomers and the Gen X-ers.

“One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology.”  

Kotler. Marketing, page 74.

No comments:

Post a Comment