Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week 6 EOC : Me Times Three

There are three things that I possess that I would say helps define me.

http://www.gordonsjewelers.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12453564

The first thing that I would say helps define who I am is my wedding ring. My ring is partly my engagement ring and then the wedding ring that interlocks. It is beautiful, and I feel like the design and the size is perfect for me, but that is not why it helps define me. This ring symbolizes me and my husband's love for each other. It is a culmination of all of the struggles that we went through to get to that point on that evening in February where we could finally make it official. It is curved, and then the bands meet in the middle, which is a great way to describe our relationship, coming united from two different worlds. I don't wear at work because I am afraid that it will get hit by something, but I always feel "naked," for the lack of a better term, without it on my second finger from the left.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Phantom-Opera-George-Perry/dp/0805006575
If somebody asked me what possessions I would first save in case of a fire, I would respond with this book, photos and my wedding ring (although I'd likely already be wearing the ring). The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite musical. I have, using this book, learned the entire play and all of the songs. I can correct a wrong lyric, which can (and often does) drive others crazy.The book was bought by my mother when she first took me to see the show when I was eight years old. The musical is what inspired me to begin singing. Chorus and singing were, until very recently, a huge part of my life.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-ZS6-DIGITAL-CAMERA/dp/B003NYRMGA
My digital camera is very important to me. It was the first thing I bought when I earned a few paychecks at my first job ever. I already owned a little purple Nikon but I had noticed the quality of the pictures was greatly diminishing. I saw this camera online and fell in love with it. First,  I saved up, did tons of research, and ended up deciding on this great little point-and-shoot. I bought it off the display at Costco and have never regretted it. It documents most of the important moments in my life. I love taking pictures and I love being able to document my family and friends' lives with me. Friends will get annoyed and call me the paparazzi  but later they come to appreciate that someone took the time to record these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment